Monday, July 06, 2009

Meme. MP3 (iPod) Shuffle

Yvette Tagged me with a meme. The rules: Turn on your MP3 player. (2) Go to SHUFFLE songs mode. (3) Write down the first 15 songs that come up--song title and artist--NO editing/cheating, please. (4) Choose some people to be tagged. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about your musical tastes, or at least a random sampling thereof.

What fun! I have a 160G iPod so there's quite a bit to choose from (I think over 3600 songs), but I was very happy to see some of my 1980's favourites, as well the high proportion of Canadian content (even though I think it disproportionately represents what's on my iPod) -- including the music of three friends*!

1. The Triplets of Belleville - Ben Charest (Canadian!)
2. Crash – Electronic Dream Factory* (Canadian!)
3. Juliet – Whole Lotta Milka* (Canadian!)
4. Narcissus – Alanis Morissette (Canadian!)
5. Don’t! – Shania Twain (Canadian!)
6. Stand Up – Susan Aglukark (Canadian!)
7. Busting Surfboards – The Tornadoes
8. Surrealist Blues – Michael Occhipinti (Canadian!)
9. I Will Remember You – Sarah McLachlan (Canadian!)
10. I’m Glad – Jennifer Lopez
11. Reaping The Rich Harvest – Icicle Works
12. John Law Burned Down the Liquor Sto’ – Chris Thomas King
13. Fish Beach – Michael Nyman
14. Duo Boheme Music for Flute and Guitar Track 38 – Zachary Moss* and Christopher Malone (Canadian!)
15. Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) - David Bowie

Moss Ensembles at OCAD Convocation 2009

Here's a picture of Zachary Moss at OCAD's 2009 Convocation last month...not only is he a friend, but he's my colleague and the principal of Moss Ensembles, his independent music company. As serendipity would have it, he played at OCAD's convocation ceremony for many years, before he worked there or I met him! I'm glad he came up on my shuffle for the meme.

Speaking of the meme, I'm going to break the rules...I know shocking...but I'm not going to tag anyone since most people I know have been tagged already. But feel free to play along via the comments.

1 comment:

not an artist said...

I love how much great music we make in Canada :) Excellent list!