Monday, February 13, 2006

Busy-bisy-bisig-besich


I've been busy.

Busy, from Middle English bisy, from Old English bisig, akin to Middle Dutch & Middle Low German besich, meaning: 1a) engaged in action [ongoing perimeter checks]; 1b) being in use [mollycoddled/cuddled]; 2) full of activity [sureptitiously keeping track of Grandma Mr. Peeps]; 3) foolishly or intrusively active [helping with computer work and knitting activities]; 4) full of distracting detail [cute face, sharp teeth].

Grandma Mr. Peeps was disappointed that I didn't spend time with her today, but as I mentioned, I was very busy. I was keeping track of her, and paying close attention to her every move. She was busy, too. Mrs. Peeps has her hard at work knitting a carpet that Mrs. Peeps had started (and abandoned) many moons ago. Mrs. Peeps thinks having a knitting slave handy and dandy indeed.

One nice aspect of having visitors (especially ones that knit and cook for you!), is that the Peeps make more of an effort to be home, which I like. And there is plenty of good food and laps-a-plenty. Life is good. Busy, but good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

koko - you sound in much better spirits than earlier.

kokopuff said...

And I'd be even better if you came to visit, too! ;)

Anonymous said...

That's so sweet koko! I knew you still loved me!