Friday, February 17, 2006

The life of a star: close-ups and encores

"I just want to tell you all how happy I am to be back in the studio, making a picture again! You don’t know much I’ve missed all of you.... You see, this is my life. It always will be! There’s nothing else. Just us, and the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark. All right, Mr. de Mille. I’m ready for my closeup."

Norma Desmond in the last lines of Sunset Boulevard



The close-up is my forte, my raison d'etre, at least according to Mrs. Peeps and her trusty Olympus. But there's a lot more to being a star than just close-ups. Encores, for example. To illustrate: Grandma Mr. Peeps went home today. Then she returned. See? Grandma Mr. Peeps made an encore.

I think the encore is a pretty interesting concept. I myself am always preparing for my encore.


Brava! Brava, indeed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

koko - grandma mr. peeps returned? was it just for you? were there any other reasons?

kokopuff said...

Well, she hadn't finished knitting the carpet, so maybe that was it. It's done now! (Although, Greyhound cancelling the northbound bus due to weather may have had something to do with it.)

Kelly said...

It's hard to leave the Koko.

aao said...

I can hear you with Norma's voice :) This is a great one!
-Aysen