Sunday, May 21, 2006

Stage Call

Did you know that some tribes in Africa's Ghana believe that a person passes into a cat's body at the moment of death?

Mrs. Peeps believes that due to my theatrical sensibilities, I may have been an actress in my former life. While we don't know my exact date of birth in 1994, I believe that I may once have been known as Helena Manson, who was born in Caracas, Venezuela on August 18, 1898 and who passed away on September 15, 1994. On the screen, big or small, she appeared more than a hundred times and performed dubbing in hosts of French versions of foreign movies. Little known by the public she was very much in demand as an always dependable supporting actress.

While I haven't seen any of her films, I feel strangely compelled to sample some of them, based solely on their appealingly quirky titles: "La Femme Sandwich", "A Trap for Cinderella", "Lock Up Your Spoons", "Master Over Life and Death", "I Bastardi", "Who Killed Santa Claus", and "The Farm of Seven Sins". Perhaps I feel drawn to these films based on more than just utter quirkiness and the odd French word stuck in my craw...

Long live Helene!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

really, how can one resist a movie called, 'Lock up your spoons'.

City Wiccan said...

I thought an Aboriginal group believed that too. My mother used to have 2 siamese cats . . . when one died, the other started acting like the dead one. It was a strange experience . . . I wonder how cat spirits work.

aao said...

Koko, this pose shows us that you are definitely a one. Now you got my humans in to find who I might be took over. It is for sure that I am not someone from showbiz
-Mamush

Yvette said...

Hey Kewl! You're the same age as the daughter! Twelve is such an exciting age.