Monday, June 12, 2006

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...


...absolutely nothing is happening, other than me waiting desparately for more news of Mrs. Peeps. You'll note how I sleep with my eyes half open, so I'll be ready to spring into action at a moment's notice.

I have received evidence that Mrs. Peeps and Ms. Blonde One made a successful sortie to Barbara-Jo's Books for Cooks this morning and were successful in cornering their prey, Anthony Bourdain. I understand that Mrs. Peeps was quite ecstatic by the whole business. Ms. Blonde One less so, which possibly had a whole lot to do with the fact that the Belgian Waffle place next door was not open on Mondays and absolutely nothing to do with the mission...


Now I don't want to read too much into this, but I think there may be a little bit of Stockholm Syndrome happening. I'm starting to consider the possibility that Mrs. Peeps is actually not being tortured, and may in fact be enjoying herself, even a little bit. I offer the following to support my theory: Mrs. Peeps and Ms. Blonde One, clearly enjoying a breakfast meeting following the Anthony Bourdain sighting.

I don't think there is anywhere on earth where a cafe latte, an "eye opener" (espresso and dark roast coffee), a perfectly flaky croissant and a blueberry white chocolate danish, eaten in a sunroom overlooking the harbour on a beautiful sunny day while contemplating Anthony's autograph, could be considered torture.

3 comments:

The Blonde One said...

you see koko...i'm not a bad person. Really, it is Mrs. Peeps who has taken me hostage and is force feeding me all of this yummy food. you should know this koko. really, i lived in your prescence for 4 years.....save me koko...save me....

Kelly said...

OMG. Look how close you are to him! You should have touched him!!!

BOB said...

As interesting as it would be to meet him (and touch him) I have to say that blueberry white chocolate danish speaks to me on levels that I dont think Mr. Bourdain ever could... or if he could, I wouldn't really want him to. (No offense Mr. Bourdain)
Bring on the danish!

BOB