Thursday, January 25, 2007

Numerology according to Koko

Just for fun, I have included a guide to today's post:

Numerology: the study of the occult significance of numbers.*
Blogiversary: not recognized by most standard literary/legitimate dictionaries, however according to the Urban Dictionary (which contains many rather interesting, amusing and enlightening blog word references), a blogiversary is the yearly anniversary of someones web-log (blog).
Laissez-faire:
a philosophy or practice characterized by a usually deliberate abstention from direction or interference especially with individual freedom of choice and action.*
Karmically: not really a word as such, but an extrapolated interpretation of Karma: the force generated by a person's actions held in Hinduism and Buddhism to perpetuate transmigration and in its ethical consequences to determine the nature of the person's next existence.*
Apropos: at an opportune time.*

So, it has recently come to my attention that I missed my one year blogiversary. Can you believe it?!? My special day came and went on January twenty-first. There wasn't even a ripple in the universe. Not one that I noticed anyway. Oh well, happy belated blogiversary to me.

But I got to thinking, our lives seem to be governed by numbers, and I realized I have a very laissez-faire attitude towards numbers, so maybe missing my blogiversary is very karmically apropos. For example, I meant to send out Christmas cards this year to all my family and friends, but now I am one month late and at least half of these folks are still waiting. Mrs. Peeps always tells Mr. Peeps the hour of her arrival home on a nightly basis which is usually at least two hours earlier than said arrival. Apparently it is a good thing to eat three square meals a day and I assure you my Peeps are way behind on this. Mrs. Peeps was thirty-three at least twice, and I have been told I am thirteen when in fact I think I am twelve. Speaking of birthdays -- we were, granted, in a very loose way -- I believe I have missed four birthdays this month, and at least two very important life moments, for which there is no excuse (the missing, not the moments per se). Mrs. Peeps sets her clock for six but it is quite often seven before she arises (after having hit the snooze button at least a billion times) and sometimes it is a completely different number altogether depending on the whimsical nature of her clock. My blogiversary was apparently overshadowed by Alias Season Three.

See? Numbers, numbers, thereabouts, roundabout and everywhere -- ooh my brain hurts, save me from the madness!

*Definitions as per www.m-w.com

4 comments:

aao said...

Koko, numbers are fun if you do not count them. Just play SUDOKU :)

Love the photo...

Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary koko! As an Alias fan, I sort of understand putting everything aside to watch it on DVD. The problem is that every episode ends in a cliff hanger!

Yvette said...

And what a year it was!
Glad I metcha Babe. Sometimes, the power of the internet can be used for good, not evil.

Kelly said...

Happy anniversary!