Saturday, May 26, 2007

Kelly's Meme

Koko was recently tagged in a meme by Sandi. But Koko is rather busy with a full agenda of napping ahead and asked me to do it instead.

The Rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog. The facts:

  1. I once lived in a house in Renfrew, Ontario that was an undertaker's house with a spiral staircase. My playroom had a big claw tooth bathtub in it. I thought this was cool and all playrooms came with bathtubs. It wasn't until much later that my mom told me that this was the “prep” room where the newly dead received their last bath...
  2. When I was young, movie soundtracks were just that – they included all the words as well as songs. I listened to it so often that I now have the entire soundtrack of Mel Brooks 'History of the World Part 1 permanently hardwired in my brain. The downside of this is that certain words or phrases will escape with the slightest of triggers.
  3. I was obsessed with ballet when I was younger. I used to make my own clothes and shoes and mimic the positions endlessly. Later I took lessons at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School. I had fantastic teachers – Joanne Gingras and Jean McKenzie (she used to be the Prima Ballerina for the RWB). I really, really sucked but I loved it so. At one point I wanted to be a ballet teacher and even auditioned for the professional school to do so. Of course I didn't get in (the whole sucking aspect). I worked at the RWB for five years, and had many dancer friends. It was devastating when I left this world.
  4. I didn't have a TV growing up and, like my parents, read a lot. I got a TV when I left home and started making up for lost time – but I am still missing many cultural references from my youth. Starsky and Hutch, for example, or the A-Team, I just don't get that. I love TV, but this past year I reduced my viewing out of necessity and actually am not missing it too much. I am much more selective and now prefer to watch shows on DVD.
  5. I love birds and animals. The highlight of my trip to Niagara Falls a few years ago was the anticipation of a trip to the aviary Bird Kingdom (the reality was a bit disappointing). The sole documentation from my trip to Calgary a couple of years ago was not the beautiful sights or my good friends, but instead 40 pictures of a quirky little red squirrel. Although I'd like to do the real thing like go to the Serengeti, I not so secretly crave a visit to the African Lion Safari, Marine Land and the Falconry Centre. I like places with interactive components, like petting zoos.
  6. I am a flavour junkie. I love different flavours and textures of food and drink. My idol is Tony Bourdain because he is adventurous and fearless (mostly) in his pursuit of the perfect meal. I loved his series “A Cook's Tour” and have been inspired to try different things – it's not just about food, it is a mindset.
  7. I have a new couch! It took months of negotiation since my husband hates spending money on anything practical or new. Koko and I have test-napped it already...it's a "four-lids closed, one purr-on" couch.


Since everyone I know either has already been tagged or are blogless lurkers, I'm not tagging anyone – unless the non-bloggers want to play, then they can enter their meme results in my comments. C'mon, you know who you are!

No comments: