Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine for Koko

IMG_2780

Dear Koko,

I've never sent you a Valentine before. Have I told you I love the way you look, the way you feel, the way you smell, the way you purr? I'm sure I have. I also love your blue eyes that change shape and colour depending on your mood, and how you wiggle your chin and lightly lick your lips when you'd like to share dinner. I love your quirky little ways, your midnight perimeter checks, how you say hello and good-bye when we're coming and going, how you ask for permission before climbing onto my shoulder. You make me laugh at 10:30 pm when you get red-eyed and bushy-tailed, quivering to attack a stray eyebrow or unsuspecting guest. I love that you have a varied palette which runs the full gamut from white trash to gourmet, donuts to prosciutto to olives to nachos and virtually anything else we're having. I love that I can distract you with margarine. I'm amused and wryly tolerant of your addiction to chewing all things plastic or plasticized, including books and photos, as well as your acting like my leg is a scratching post. I love your routines, especially at night, when you sleep with me and how you try desperately to wake me up early every morning in whatever way you can - from sitting on my head and massaging my hair to purring very loudly to poking my eyes and even trying to lift my chin. I love how you try to stop us from yelling at each other by putting yourself between us and striking a cute pose and loud purr, or how you try to make it all better when I am sad. Thanks for being the bestest little friend a gal could ever want, for playing and dancing around the house, watching Corrie St with me early Sunday mornings, being a tolerant knit-wear model, being totally interested and helping/hindering with everything I do (like sitting on my hands as I type this)...Thanks for thinking I am the bestest thing since sliced bread, or at least letting me think this. Thanks for just by being you. I love you, little bunny. I'm sorry you're getting old and creaky and a bit sick. You've brought us much joy. I hope you are still with us next year so I can send you another Valentine because I've left out so much!

Happy Valentine's Day, Koko!

With much love,
Your Peeps.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww, that was sweet! I love Koko too!

lilliputianme said...

So sweet! it makes me want to get a Koko of my very own

Nana Sadie said...

What a great Valentine to such a sweetie! I enjoy stopping by and seeing her here. The Siamese, they are the very best!
(((hugs)))