Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Peepless Saturday

Lately Mrs. Peeps has been a little busy at work; a little TOO busy in my opinion. Nevertheless, I was really looking forward to my Saturday with her, which is often our special time together. But at 7:30 am it became quite clear that my hopes and dreams were about to be dashed. First, Mr. Peeps, aka Pancake Artist Extraordinaire, arose to prepare breakfast for Mrs. Peeps and Ms. Blonde One. Then, Ms. Firefly Knit arrived in her new limosine to whisk the ladies away for a day of riotous knitting indulgence at the Waterloo County Knitters' Fair.

Mrs. Peeps scored some nice loot: the new Fleece Artist Maid Marion Vest Kit in a lovely colourway, some pewter clasps for the Garter Stitch jacket, plus some blocking wires, a blocking board and some gifties (not shown). A small haul, to be sure. It was extremely crowded, and both Mrs. Peeps and Ms. Blonde One were feeling poorly, resulting in reduced enjoyment and limited interest in continued shopping, either at the Fair or the St. Jacob's Outlet Mall...Can you believe that they actually passed up an opportunity to visit a brewery? The Brick Brewery, home of Waterloo Dark, was 200 metres up the road from the Knitters' Fair. Sadly, the ladies had the time, but not the will.

I must admit I share Mrs. Peeps's passion for Fleece Artist yarn...imagine you can hear the purring...

5 comments:

Not An Artist said...

How can they not understand that a stop at the brewery would have saved the entire day!

Anonymous said...

Nice loot! I thought my husband was the only guy who gets up and makes pancakes out there.

Kelly said...

We still have the CSNF in October! Get yourselves healthy and in fighting form for it!

Martina said...

What's the CSNF??? I wanna go too! Love the vest pattern you bought! I found it really hard to concentrate on yarn!

Yvette said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Malcolm says hello. He feels a bit better too and really doesn't think his scheduled follow-up at the vet is necessary at all...no really...put away that cat carrier...