Thursday, December 31, 2009

Have fun, be happy, peace

About 2009: There were highs, there were lows. Much like every other year. I'm a little indifferent to the blind optimism about the new year - like all things, there is too much superficial hoopla surrounding the new year's kick off. It makes me feel like we've just thankfully kicked crappy, dull 2009 to the curb and now we are onto the new, shiny-penny year of 2010.

Despite the lows, I rather liked 2009. I am sure 2010 will be more of the same. I pay a lot of money to learn how to live in the moment, how to appreciate what I have and who I have in my life, so I am just going to enjoy tonight's celebration with cookies, because I like cookies and not because this night is any more special than any other night.

New Year's Cookies

Have fun, be happy, peace.
Have a cookie.

2 comments:

Yvette said...

Ah, you're so balanced. Have a great eveing, cookies and all.

Julie said...

Happy New Year!! Those cookies look awesome.