Sunday, March 21, 2010

March Vacation

I'm back from a two week vacation on Vancouver Island. It was a busy two weeks! I spent a lot of time with family and friends, and touring the beautiful Island.

Nanaimo View

This is the view from my dad's new house in Nanaimo. In the distance the mountains are on the mainland, near Whistler (I think; I could have this wrong. It's the mainland for sure.)

Spa at Kingfisher Resort, Courtney

This is the spa at the Kingfisher Resort in Courtney. We went for lunch, followed by the Hydropath which was lovely. I came out clean, clean, clean.

Dessert at the Kingfisher Resort

This was the "Spa Escape" dessert, featuring yummy lavendar-honey ice cream.

Berry Bush at Kingfisher Resort

Courtney's a bit cooler in temperature than Victoria where everything was in bloom already - but I loved the colour of these berries on this bush at the Kingfisher. I have no idea what type of bush this is; I imagine the grounds at the Kingfisher are quite beautiful in the summer.

Rainbow over Denman Island

From Courtney, we had a lovely view of Denman Island.

Seagulls at Qualicum Beach

This pic was taken driving on the Island Highway near Qualicum Beach and Parksville area. These seagulls are feasting on roe from the fish hatchery. It was a pretty spectacular sight seeing all these birds!

Seagulls at Qualicum Beach

Seashells at Qualicum Beach

View from the Aerie Resort

This is taken somewhere along the road from Nanaimo to Victoria; we stopped at the Aerie Resort in Malahat (sadly now closed) which has a spectacular view of this particular inlet and the valley near Sidney.

I was lucky enough to spend a lot of time with my beautiful nieces and nephew.

Auntie K

We had a great day at Tiger Lily Farm in Errington the day before I left. The littlest nieces love playing with the animals and going for a pony ride at Tiger Lily. We spent a few hours there and then went for lunch at the Old Country Market in Coombs.

Catching Chicks

Laughing Flowers

At one point we also made some cookies - lions, giraffes, lambs, and purple elephants! Sophia helped me decorate.

Decorating Cookies

Sophia's Cookie Masterpieces

I also got a shooting lesson at Beaver Creek Gun and Fishing Club, and discovered I'm a pretty good shot! I quite enjoyed it. (Thanks, M for the lesson!)

Shooting Practice

We had a pretty clear day one day as we were touring around; this is Mount Arrowsmith.

Mt Aerosmith, BC

Thanks so much to my family and friends for everything! I had a great time.

More pics from my trip here: BC Trip - March 2010.

2 comments:

Julie said...

wow, looks like it was an amazing time- welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Wish I had been there. M from C.V.